I am a storyteller and producer out of Chicago, IL. I am always looking for ways to create new spaces for people to share their true, personal tales. I work to help people create these stories and I also produce events that will showcase their work. Expanding and supporting the evolution of national storytelling is a large part of my passion for storytelling.
Writer published in:
National Storyteller Magazine
Story Club Magazine
Co-Founder and Producer
April 2013 – Present
– Co-founded and produces a monthly storytelling event, most recently at City Winery and Sauce and Bread Kitchen, and at unique venues all around Chicagoland
– Manages online marketing, production timelines, venue collaboration, and artist relationships
– Teaches monthly writing workshop retreats and four-week storytelling classes More at Story Sessions on Facebook
Friends with Words
Founder and Facilitator
January 2013 – Present
– Created a storytelling feedback group with over 100 members from diverse backgrounds
– Moderates monthly meeting in order to promote supportive and helpful feedback for writers developing their personal stories for performance
– Fosters community growth and group health through social media and individual relationships
The Field Museum
January 2017 – Present
Personally created stories inspired by exhibits at The Field Museum. Shared these stories for children and their families for the overnight event “Dozin’ with the Dinos”. Contracted yearly for the same event.
Chicago Storytelling Community
January 2012 – Present
Jill has been featured on WBEZ’s “Stories+Music” and presented a Tedx Talk (Naperville) on vulnerability through personal storytelling. She was recently featured at Illinois Storytelling’s showcase for Dominican University. Jill has also been featured at various events and venues throughout the Chicagoland area; including Newberry Library, Second City, Wilmette Theatre, Lifeline Theatre, Mary’s Attic, The Playground Theater, Prop Theater, the side project theater, Shubas, and 1871 Tech Lab at the Merchandise Mart, Lincoln Hall, among many others. She has been telling, producing, and teaching in Chicago for 8 years.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Bachelor’s Degree, English Literature/ Philosophy (1999 – 2003)
National Louis University
Master’s Degree, Teaching- Secondary/ English (2005 – 2007)
4 years as CPS high school English teacher, 1 year private school teacher, and currently an Educational Specialist in Glencoe, IL.